LabEx DynamiTe Call for Applications 2020
For the year 2020, the LabEx DynamiTe offers 2 doctoral positions (3 years), beginning on either 1 November or 1 December 2020.
Applicants for a doctoral contract are invited to draft a personal research proposal in agreement with a LabEx thesis supervisor. The topic should lie within the scope of one or more of DynamiTe’s Work-Packages.
It is possible for a doctoral thesis to be co-supervised.
Due to the current situation regarding the spread of the Covid-19 virus, the deadline for the submission of applications has been postponed to Tuesday 30 June 2020 inclusive.
Project submission procedure / conditions
Each research proposal is to be supervised by a thesis supervisor who is a member of LabEx DynamiTe and connected to one of its 19 partner laboratories. Accordingly, applicants interested in responding to this call for applications must contact a prospective supervisor before applying.
They will have to fill in an online application consisting of the following:
- the research proposal (between 10 and a maximum of 15 pages in Times 12; longer applications will not be considered), setting out the theoretical grounds, the problem addressed and the methodology, along with the feasibility in three years and the calendar. The proposal should also mention the Work-Package topics to which it relates and the planned collaborations in connection with the doctorate;
- a Curriculum Vitae;
- the academic transcript for Master’s 1 and the 1st semester of Master’s 2;
- a letter of recommendation from the supervisor of the Master’s 2 thesis;
- a letter from the Master’s supervisor confirming the forthcoming defence of the applicant’s master’s thesis (by Tuesday 15 September 2020);
- a written undertaking by the thesis supervisor and, if applicable, the co-supervisor, to supervise the doctorate if the student passes the LabEx audition.
For information, during the application process, LabEx will ask the directors of the host laboratories and the heads of the Work-Packages to provide LabEx with a written undertaking to:
- welcome the applicant into the laboratory and take charge of the field missions and any data purchases necessary (applies to the laboratory directors);
- include the applicant in the Work-Package(s) (applies to the Work-Package heads).
The following selection criteria are applied:
- the application’s scientific merits (a clear problem and the originality of the research proposal);
- the methodology and the implementation (feasibility of completing the doctorate in three years);
- the integration in LabEx’s general scientific themes and in the laboratory environment (Work-Package(s), supervisor, laboratory).
Recruitment process and calendar
The deadline for the submission of applications is
Thursday 14 May Tuesday 30 June 2020 inclusive. All applications are to be submitted using the electronic form: http://www.form-labex-dynamite.com/doc/en/
Each research proposal will be assessed in September 2020. The applicants selected after an examination of their application and an interview (held in the week beginning 21 September 2020) will be informed of the results from Monday 28 September 2020.
Terms and conditions of recruitment
Monthly gross stipend: approximately €1,760.
For the duration of their thesis, doctoral students will be hosted in the LabEx DynamiTe partner laboratory responsible for supervising their thesis. They may not be hosted in a laboratory that is not a LabEx DynamiTe partner laboratory, except where a doctoral profile has been co-constructed with the socio-economic community or at an international establishment (in which case, there may be joint hosts).
They will be exempted from paying thesis enrolment fees at the Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne.
Please refer any questions to the LabEx DynamiTe team at the following address: email@example.com
Stay informed of the latest offers from the LabEx DynamiTe:
Suscribe to the “Recruitment” RSS feed