LabEx DynamiTe Call for Applications 2021
Objectives and scientific framework
LabEx DynamiTe is launching its latest recruitment campaign for doctoral contracts. At the end of this campaign, DynamiTe will fund two doctoral contracts over a three-year period (2021 – 2024), beginning on either 1 September or 1 October 2021.
Applicants for a doctoral contract are invited to draft a personal research proposal in agreement with a LabEx thesis supervisor. The topic should lie within the scope of one or more of the DynamiTe Work-Packages:
- description of the LabEx DynamiTe Work-Packages;
- list of prospective thesis supervisors members of the LabEx DynamiTe.
It is possible for a doctoral thesis to be co-supervised (a person outside LabEx can not be the main supervisor of the doctorate. Nevertheless, he or she can be the co-supervisor).
The call is open to all applicants including foreign applicants who graduated from a Master II level in France or abroad.
Project submission procedure / conditions
Each research proposal is to be supervised by a thesis supervisor who is a member of LabEx DynamiTe and connected to one of its 19 partner laboratories. Accordingly, applicants interested in responding to this call for applications must contact a prospective supervisor from the list of prospective thesis supervisors before applying.
They will have to fill in an online application consisting of the following:
- the research proposal (between 10 and a maximum of 15 pages in Times 12 including bibliography and figures ; longer applications will not be considered), setting out the theoretical grounds, the problem addressed and the methodology, along with the feasibility in three years and the calendar. The proposal should also mention the Work Package topics to which it relates and the planned collaborations in connection with the doctorate;
- a Curriculum Vitae;
- the academic transcript for Master’s 1 and the 1st semester of Master’s 2;
- a letter from the Master’s supervisor confirming the forthcoming defence of the applicant’s master’s thesis (by Tuesday 31 August 2021);
- a written undertaking by the thesis supervisor and, if applicable, the co-supervisor, to supervise the doctorate if the student passes the LabEx audition;
- a welcome letter by the heads of the Work-Package(s) to include the applicant in the Work-Package(s) (document available here);
- a welcome letter by the director of the host laboratory to welcome the applicant into the laboratory and take charge of the field missions and any data purchases necessary (document available here).
Reference letters will not be considered. They will not be given to the Panel.
The following selection criteria are applied:
- the application’s scientific merits (a clear problem and the originality of the research proposal);
- the methodology and the implementation (feasibility of completing the doctorate in three years);
- the integration in LabEx’s general scientific themes and in the laboratory environment (Work-Package(s), supervisor, laboratory).
Recruitment process and calendar
The deadline for the submission of applications is Sunday 9 May 2021 inclusive. All applications are to be submitted using the electronic form : http://www.form-labex-dynamite.com/doc/en/
Each research proposal will be assessed in June 2021 by an external interdisciplinary board.
The applicants selected for an interview (held by videoconference in the week beginning on Thursday July 8 or Friday July 9, 2021) after an examination of their application will receive a summons a week before at the latest.
At the end of the interviews, the applicants will be informed of the results from 12 July 2021.
A summary opinion of the board may be sent to the interviewees on request.
Terms and conditions of recruitment
Monthly gross stipend: approximately €1,760.
For the duration of their thesis, doctoral students will be hosted in the LabEx DynamiTe partner laboratory responsible for supervising their thesis. They may not be hosted in a laboratory that is not a LabEx DynamiTe partner laboratory, except where a doctoral profile has been co-constructed with the socio-economic community or at an international establishment (in which case, there may be joint hosts).
They will be exempted from paying thesis enrolment fees at the Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne.
Please refer any questions to the LabEx DynamiTe team at the following address: email@example.com
Stay informed of the latest offers from the LabEx DynamiTe:
Suscribe to the “Recruitment” RSS feed