LabEx DynamiTe Call for Applications 2022
Objectives and scientific framework
LabEx DynamiTe is launching its latest recruitment campaign for post-doctoral contracts. This call for applications will fund two one-year post-doctoral contracts, to begin 1 October 2022 or 1 November 2022.
Applicants for a post-doctoral contract are invited to draft a personal research proposal in agreement with a LabEx supervisor. The topic should lie within the scope of one or more of the DynamiTe Work-Packages:
- description of the LabEx DynamiTe’s Work-Package;
- list of prospective supervisors members of the LabEx DynamiTe.
Project submission procedure / conditions
Each research proposal is to be supervised by a member of LabEx DynamiTe connected to one of its 19 partner laboratories. Accordingly, applicants interested in responding to this call for projects must contact a prospective supervisor from the list of prospective supervisors before applying.
They will have to fill in an online application consisting of the following:
- the research proposal (a maximum of 15 pages in Times 12 including bibliography and figures ; longer applications will not be considered), setting out the problem addressed, the methodology, the feasibility of completing the project in one year and the calendar. It should also mention the planned collaborations in connection with the post-doctoral project;
- a Curriculum Vitae;
- a covering letter;
- a list of the applicant’s publications, with the Internet links (if possible);
- the doctoral thesis in .PDF format;
- the doctoral defence thesis report (except for applicants who defended their thesis outside France and applicants who defended their thesis too recently. The latter should forward a statement confirming that the defence thesis took place prior to 4 July 2022, issued by the head of the doctoral school);
- a copy of the doctorate diploma, or an official statement for applicants who defended their thesis too recently (the thesis must have been defended within the last five years, excluding any maternity leave);
- a written undertaking by the post-doctoral supervisor(s) to supervise the research if the applicant passes the LabEx audition;
- a welcome letter by the heads of the Work Package(s) to include the applicant in the Work Package(s) (document available here);
- a welcome letter by the director of the host laboratory to welcome the applicant into the laboratory and take charge of the field missions and any data purchases necessary (document available here).
Reference letters will not be considered. They will not be given to the Panel.
The following selection criteria are applied:
- the application’s scientific merits: a clear problem and the originality of the research proposal;
- the methodology and the implementation (feasibility of completing the post-doctoral research in one year);
- the integration in LabEx’s general scientific themes and in the laboratory environment (Work Package(s), supervisor, laboratory).
Recruitment process and calendar
The deadline for the submission of applications is Sunday 8 May 2021 inclusive. All applications are to be submitted using the electronic form: http://www.form-labex-dynamite.com/postdoc/en/
Each research proposal will be assessed in June 2022 by an external interdisciplinary board.
The applicants selected for an interview (held by videoconference on Monday July 4 or Tuesday July 5, 2022) after an examination of their application will receive a summons a week before at the latest.
At the end of the interviews, the applicants will be informed of the results from 6 July 2022.
A summary opinion of the board may be sent to the interviewees on request.
Terms and conditions of recruitment
Monthly gross stipend: approximately €2,890.
For the duration of their contract, post-doctoral students will be hosted in the LabEx DynamiTe partner laboratory responsible for supervising their post-doctoral research. They may not be hosted in a laboratory that is not a
LabEx DynamiTe partner laboratory, except where a post-doctoral profile has been co-constructed with the socio-economic community or at an international establishment (in which case, there may be joint hosts).
Please refer any questions to the LabEx DynamiTe team at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay informed of the latest offers from the LabEx DynamiTe:
Suscribe to the “Recruitment” RSS feed