Cécile FALIÈS – Prodig : Pôle de Recherche pour l’Organisation et la Diffusion de l’Information Géographique (UMR 8586)
Pierre PISTRE – Géographie-cités (UMR 8504)
The Work Package’s objective is to analyse the change in rural spaces against the backdrop of metropolisation. It will compare Norths and Souths, using a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods, focusing mainly on four aspects:
1. relations between rural spaces and large cities from the perspective of mobility;
2. new rural functions in the context of metropolisation;
3. agriculture and proximity, feeding the cities;
4. rural factors in local development policies.
Town-country relationships, mobilities, spatial functions, agriculture, peri-urbanisation, inter-territoriality, public policies, local development, rural spaces, Norths, Souths.
- Europe (Germany, France, Poland);
- Americas (North America, Mexico, South American cone, Andes, Caribbean);
- Mediterranean rim (Tunisia, Sardinia);
- Sub-Saharan Africa (Côte d’Ivoire, Chad, Senegal);